Neglected Dragons Science!
Welcome to Neglected Dragons Science! If you like to register, then click on the Register button. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Neglected Dragons Science! If you like to register, then click on the Register button. Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trading vs Gifting Neglecteds

+7
blazinrider112
Guinevere
TeaK
Siryuki
Bakura
6zuzie6|Yami
Leetle Neglected Dragon
11 posters

Go down

Trading vs Gifting Neglecteds Empty Trading vs Gifting Neglecteds

Post by Leetle Neglected Dragon Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:58 pm

I have come across seeing a few members wanting to trade their Neglecteds for other dragons. In my opinion I find it extremely wrong.

Reasons:
  • The Neglected Science group was formed to figure out how to get neglecteds.

• As a group, we have formed strong bonds like a family.

• We work very hard to post the links for others, shout out the stages, and other things.

• Neglecteds to me are priceless, I could never trade one.

Yes, I understand once you get an egg/hatchling, it's your choice to trade it or gift it. To gift a neglected would be the most amazing gift anyone could give away. I know I would prolly cry (happy tears) if I received one as a gift. To turn around and trade something several others have helped you get is just rude. I feel like I was used for my efforts and the person doesn't even care.

I am not saying we should go to all the people who have traded their neglecteds and ask for them back, I am saying we should NOT help them get another one ever again. They know how to get them, they can get their own now. Sniping is a different matter too. We can't find every person who has taken our creations and demand them back. Once a Neglected or any other type of dragon hits the abandoned page, it's fair game.

I propose a list of people who have been known to trade their neglecteds be put on a "blacklist" or "graylist". The only members that would be on this list is CONFIRMED members, meaning we have proof from the Trade threads on the DC Forums. This list would notify us that these members are known to trade neglecteds for rare, high priced, valuable eggs/hatchlings. You can choose weather or not you want to help these members if they come into chat, but I don't recommend it.

In conclusion: Trader = Traitor!
Leetle Neglected Dragon
Leetle Neglected Dragon

DragCave Scroll : http://dragcave.net/user/HotonFire
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 5 hatched normal 1 turned and died

Back to top Go down

Trading vs Gifting Neglecteds Empty Re: Trading vs Gifting Neglecteds

Post by 6zuzie6|Yami Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:07 pm

I just may consider on trading NDs after I already had an ND. So maybe the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc ND I had gotten for my scroll.

At least I have my own ND and staying on my scroll should not make me a traitor. But I am not against gifting NDs which I may likely do in the future~
6zuzie6|Yami
6zuzie6|Yami
Adminstrator

Timezone : EST, GMT-5
DragCave Scroll : 6zuzie6
IRC channel Nickname? : AiFarrah, Jamal, YamiFarrah
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 11

https://ndscience.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bakura Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Gifting ND's for people that already have one is probably a good thing, but to get an ND you've been wishing for and then just decided that oh you don't want it anymore so lets trade it off, I'd say a big no no. >.> Nd's are worth more than just one metallic of ANY kind. After I get my 10 ND's, I'm considering gifting them...never would I dare to trade them.
Bakura
Bakura

DragCave Scroll : DarkFire101
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Siryuki Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Yes I totally agree with leetle.
Its like our own family was sold!! >_>
Siryuki
Siryuki

Timezone : gmt -3
DragCave Scroll : Siryuki
IRC channel Nickname? : Siryuki
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Leetle Neglected Dragon Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:58 pm

6zuzie6|AiFarrah wrote:I just may consider on trading NDs after I already had an ND. So maybe the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc ND I had gotten for my scroll.

At least I have my own ND and staying on my scroll should not make me a traitor. But I am not against gifting NDs which I may likely do in the future~

Yeah your totally right on that. I agree that if you already have several, your welcome to trade them or gift them. To get your first one and trade it away though, I don't think is right.
Leetle Neglected Dragon
Leetle Neglected Dragon

DragCave Scroll : http://dragcave.net/user/HotonFire
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 5 hatched normal 1 turned and died

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaK Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:47 pm

well, i would conclude that an ND hatchie belongs to everyone who helped it turn/hatch, not just to one person. At least that's how i feel like. and i hate to see a ND in trade market.. trading the fruit of our hard efforts for some other stuff..
TeaK
TeaK

Timezone : PST
DragCave Scroll : KaiCat
IRC channel Nickname? : TeaK
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 3

Back to top Go down

Trading vs Gifting Neglecteds Empty So say we all!

Post by Guinevere Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:10 am

I have to agree that I feel that our ND's are just that: ours. The group puts in so much effort and after that investment, to just trade it away is rude. They came in, used the groups knowledge and energy, and sold it? So I support a 'blacklist' where people who have been that disrespectful to the group are no longer entitled to our help.

Guinevere
Apprentice

# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by blazinrider112 Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:58 pm

As Im pretty much partial to what the experimenter does with their ND, I myself refuse to trade them. I have already gotten my 1st and after I get my 2nd I will gift every single one after that.
blazinrider112
blazinrider112
Apprentice

# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 13, 1 success :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Elencha Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:57 pm

I have to say I hate to hurt feelings by putting people on a blacklist but I agree. We all put heart and soul in when someone has an experiment running, it's hurtful to have that person fail to value the result of a community effort. Trading vs Gifting Neglecteds Icon_cry

Elencha
Apprentice

DragCave Scroll : elencha
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini8910 Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:43 pm

I agree that trading away your first is wrong, but after you get several, I don't mind people trading them. Once I get as many as I want, I plan on trading them. I wouldn't only trade them, I would gift some as well. And if I have one up for trade, I would most likely take any decent offer, if the person really really wants one. However, if someone offers me something decent, but they want an ND to brag about it and show off that they have one and someone else doesn't, or they trade it away for something better, I probably won't trade. I know, its sounds kind of strange, but true. I want any ND I gift/trade to go to a good home.

But before I get ahead of myself and talk about trading, I need to get my own first! Trading vs Gifting Neglecteds Icon_lol Trading vs Gifting Neglecteds Lol

P.S. "probably" is spelled wrong in the first post. Trading vs Gifting Neglecteds Icon_wink
Gemini8910
Gemini8910
Apprentice

DragCave Scroll : Pheonix8910
IRC channel Nickname? : Gemini8910
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 1. Death Without Turning :(

http://warriorsplace.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KittenGrey Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:38 pm

6zuzie6|AiFarrah wrote:I just may consider on trading NDs after I already had an ND. So maybe the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc ND I had gotten for my scroll.

I'm still trying to get my first neglected, so for those who get them just to trade them, I agree to somehow disapproving of their actions.
Though, I may think of gifting them as well, once I am able to turn and hatch them, that is. I know a few people who don't have them, and giving a neglected dragon to them as a gift is a nice thought.

KittenGrey
Scientist

Timezone : Eastren Standard
DragCave Scroll : KittenGrey
IRC channel Nickname? : KittenGrey
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 4 attempts, 2 hatched normal, 2 died

Back to top Go down

Post by numb3rs Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:10 am

maybe some trades are not bad, like people trading a gendered ND for a genderless one or something like that Smile
numb3rs
numb3rs
Apprentice

Timezone : GMT+7
DragCave Scroll : numb3rs
IRC channel Nickname? : numb3rs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down