Neglected Dragons Science!
Welcome to Neglected Dragons Science! If you like to register, then click on the Register button. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Neglected Dragons Science! If you like to register, then click on the Register button. Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first Experiment

Go down

My first Experiment Empty My first Experiment

Post by Valfaris Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:58 am

EGGxperiment 1: Balloon

Scroll Name: Valfaris
Scroll Link: http://dragcave.net/user/Valfaris
Egg code: Gr4v (couldn't resist that code)
Day of Experiment: Today
Time of Unfog: 10:28 PM cave time
Time of Death: xx:34:40 PM Came out alive @ late xx:32 / early xx:33
What are the stats?: 1/1/1 Hatched with about 1850/125/5
What ER's have you put them in?: will be in EATW & Egg Drop Soup (last min: Jaemeia, NDER, SSU too) Didn't need as much, 2+1 was more than enough. Will use 1 + x next time
Will you be on Chat? Which one?: #ndworld, #dc

Result

Whew! A failure, albeit a helpful one for me.
I didn't think the UVs would build up so fast on a weekday morning (cave time) and for a good while they did rise nice, to about 600 OV's and 40-50 UV's. Then the numbers kinda exploded. Shocked I experienced moderate lag during unfog and a slight lag in the middle of the exp, but nowhere near as bad as the trouble that killed yesterday's exp's. Reset my own ARs when the egg was @ s4, but I wasn't fast enough to get it down to prevent hatching.

Lessons learned: Next time I will use only one ER in the first minutes and stand ready to use scroll-remove to get out of ER's should the numbers raise too fast. I'm not sure I could manage fogging and unfogging in time with the current lag-loving-cave. Nevertheless, I'm quite satisfied with my first try. I think I know what went wrong and it was due to inexperience, not botches on my part. BTW: The "Result" can be seen here: aptly named hatchie

And a cookie for vish (& Sis), SayaAki and Elssha! Thanks for the help - you were great & I had a lot of fun!
Smile

Next Experiment: Glory Drake, ToD Monday 3:21PM cave time

Last edited by Valfaris on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Result & Dragon name)

Valfaris
Apprentice

Timezone : GMT+1
DragCave Scroll : hidden
IRC channel Nickname? : Valfaris
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 52 tries, 11 turns (2 died, 1 lost, 2 traded, 1 done on hubby's scroll, kept the others)

Back to top Go down