Neglected Dragons Science!
Welcome to Neglected Dragons Science! If you like to register, then click on the Register button. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Neglected Dragons Science! If you like to register, then click on the Register button. Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunrise/Sunset Egg ND?

3 posters

Go down

Sunrise/Sunset Egg ND? Empty Sunrise/Sunset Egg ND?

Post by Alicia Jewel Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:26 pm

A lot of ND experiments end in one of two ways: the egg dies, or it hatches too early and gives you a normal dragon. For me, the most annoying is the latter because you never know if it could have turned before it hatched. So I thought: What if one used a Sunrise/Sunset egg and set it so it would run out of time when it can't normally hatch? That way, the only thing that could ruin your experiment is the egg dying, and since the egg will turned from Sunrise/Sunset to Neglected, it will be able to hatch in that normally-unavailable time window.*

I don't know if I'll be able to do an experiment like this myself (I've been VERY busy lately), but I'd like to see if someone else has done/is planning to do an experiment like this!

*For those who don't know: Sunrise dragons can only hatch between 6 A.M. and 12 P.M. EST, and Sunset dragons can only hatch between 6 P.M. and 12 A.M. EST.

Alicia Jewel
Apprentice

Timezone : Central
DragCave Scroll : AliciaJewel
IRC channel Nickname? : AliciaJewel

Back to top Go down

Sunrise/Sunset Egg ND? Empty Re: Sunrise/Sunset Egg ND?

Post by NeglectedMechanics Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:51 pm

May I ask how you know the difference between a sunrise, and a sunset dragon? I'll maybe do this experiment, after I've tried my current experiment "Needle Eye".

NeglectedMechanics
Apprentice

Timezone : +1:00 Copenhagen
DragCave Scroll : jonchristensen
IRC channel Nickname? : NeglectedMechanics

Back to top Go down

Post by moomoomilk Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Hmm... I never thought about it before, but your plan makes sense. The only problem I see is that sunset/rise eggs are supposed to be completely incapable of hatching in those times. It's worth a shot, though. I'll try this once I'm out of my egg lock and let you know how it goes.

moomoomilk
Apprentice

Timezone : EST
DragCave Scroll : moomoomilk
IRC channel Nickname? : kittykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum