Neglected Dragons Science!
Welcome to Neglected Dragons Science! If you like to register, then click on the Register button. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Neglected Dragons Science! If you like to register, then click on the Register button. Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theories on requirements for eggs to turn

+5
HemlockDalise
TheAntimonyElement
sailing101
Eternity
TeaK
9 posters

Go down

theories - Theories on requirements for eggs to turn Empty Theories on requirements for eggs to turn

Post by TeaK Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:39 pm

ok. from the experiments i've seen and helped, i can theorize that :

*Eggs that can be transformed into vampire eggs can turn.
-So far, eggs such as Cheese, Paper, Dinos, Chickens, and pygmies, we have not been able to turn. Basically the unbreedables. However, vampires, though unbreedables, have been turned in the past.

*The ratio of UVs : views have to be 1 : 15.
-The views can only go up to maximum 15 times the unique views, and for the egg to turn, it seems like we have to maximize the ratio. Eggs that have turned have been stuck at that point for quite a while before they turned.

*There is are no patterns how many UVs or views needed for the egg to turn.
-some eggs have turned al 150 views, some at over 800. Some turned solid, some turned with a big hole. Some turned with few seconds to live, some turned with more than a minute to live. So if your egg's not turning and it's getting close to its ToD don't give up on it!! it could still turn!

So... i guess that's all i can think of for now Smile hope that helped!

If anyone can think of other requirements, please post.

Last edited by TeaK on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Vamps can turn.)
TeaK
TeaK

Timezone : PST
DragCave Scroll : KaiCat
IRC channel Nickname? : TeaK
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 3

Back to top Go down

theories - Theories on requirements for eggs to turn Empty Re: Theories on requirements for eggs to turn

Post by Eternity Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:50 pm

So far, eggs such as Cheese, Paper, Dinos, Chickens, and pygmies, we

have not been able to turn
. Also, seems like vampires eggs
cannot turn.

Um... I am not surprised that those cannot be turned, given that the Cheese and Paper dragons are not technically dragons. Nor am I surprised about Chickens and Dinos, for the same reason, and Pygmies because the overall size ratio would be too high. If Vampire eggs cannot be turned, what about Undead ones?
Eternity
Eternity
Apprentice

Timezone : Uh... uh... I live in Washington. I don't know the time zone.
DragCave Scroll : Taaya
IRC channel Nickname? : Eternity
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : None, not yet.

Back to top Go down

theories - Theories on requirements for eggs to turn Empty Re: Theories on requirements for eggs to turn

Post by sailing101 Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:00 pm

there are no undead eggs

sailing101
Apprentice

Timezone : central
DragCave Scroll : sailing101
IRC channel Nickname? : sailing101
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:36 pm

ah..... sorry.....
Eternity
Eternity
Apprentice

Timezone : Uh... uh... I live in Washington. I don't know the time zone.
DragCave Scroll : Taaya
IRC channel Nickname? : Eternity
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : None, not yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAntimonyElement Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Well, I know the UV:view ratio doesn't have to be even close to 1:15; my egg turned with roughly 450:90:3 stats, and about a minute to live--however, I *did* have a number of dead eggs on my scroll, from a failed attempt a week before and another egg that died just a moment before mine turned. So there's that...

TheAntimonyElement
Apprentice

Timezone : Eastern
DragCave Scroll : TheAntimonyElement
IRC channel Nickname? : TheAntimonyElement
# of ND Experiments You've Done? : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by HemlockDalise Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm

I plan to leave the egg fogged until the last minute, abandon as soon as it turns (or abandon anyway if it doesn't) and catch it back, then ER blitz it on the new day. It should, all going well, have stats of 1/1/0 until it's supposed ToD.

Has anyone ever tried an experiment like this before? If so, were the results better or worse than ER-ing? Come to think of it, the one time I totally forgot about an egg I don't think the broken sprite was ND coloured....

HemlockDalise
Apprentice

Timezone : GMT
DragCave Scroll : HemlockDalise
IRC channel Nickname? : none

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyEvelyn Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Well I bred an egg and fogged it right away so the stats were 0/0/0

I unfogged it with 10 minutes to ToD. As I was refreshing waiting for it to turn the stats went to 11/1/1 probably because my catcher was watching. But the egg never turned. It just died.

Egg was the blue horse with the description - this egg is slimy and blue

Wondering if it was just bad luck and I'm trying again with the purple horse dragon.

LadyEvelyn
Apprentice

Timezone : eastern
DragCave Scroll : ladyevelyn1
IRC channel Nickname? : LadyEvelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by skauble Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:22 am

LadyEvelyn wrote:Well I bred an egg and fogged it right away so the stats were 0/0/0

I unfogged it with 10 minutes to ToD. As I was refreshing waiting for it to turn the stats went to 11/1/1 probably because my catcher was watching. But the egg never turned. It just died.

Egg was the blue horse with the description - this egg is slimy and blue

Wondering if it was just bad luck and I'm trying again with the purple horse dragon.

It may happen, but I don't think I've seen an egg turn from just complete neglect. All of the successes I've heard, and the ones that I've had myself, have involved getting a certain amount of views at the very end. A lot of the speculation is on just how many of those views you need, when is the perfect time to get them, what should the ov/v/c ratio be, etc. I haven't turned all that many, but all of those turned while they were being ERed. In fact, most of the ones I turned were showing growth (cracks, hole, wings).

Like I said, there could be eggs that turn from straight on no views, but I haven't heard of them yet. Maybe someone more well versed in neglected science might know.

skauble
Apprentice

Timezone : pacific
DragCave Scroll : skauble
IRC channel Nickname? : skauble

Back to top Go down

Post by araglas Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:32 pm

how can i see how many minutes are left? i can oonly see hours and days...

araglas
Apprentice

Timezone : UTC +1
DragCave Scroll : araglas
IRC channel Nickname? : araglas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kheriss Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:43 am

you have to note the exact hour:min (sec also may help) the egg was caught/bred to know how many mins left to live.

Kheriss
Apprentice

Timezone : central
DragCave Scroll : Kheriss
IRC channel Nickname? : ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down